Matcha Chia Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream
Dec 02, 2016
Never had matcha tea? What about chia seeds? These superfoods come together to form a seriously delicious vegan treat for anytime of the day! Especially topped with some coconut whipped cream and pomegranate seeds...what more could you want? ;)
Aside from being crazy easy to make, the health benefits are amazing. Matcha green tea powder is made from the whole leaf (and only in Japan), and is extremely high in antioxidants, vitamins A, C, & E. The leaves are shaded from the sun before harvesting, which increases their levels of chlorophyll and amino acids. It improves concentration, physical endurance, and gives an energy boost similar to coffee but without the jitters!
Chia seeds are low in calories, and provide a heaping amount of nutrients for their tiny size. They are loaded with antioxidants, have more calcium than most dairy products, and more Omega-3’s than salmon! Not only that, they are a great source of fiber and protein.
Kaliana's Emotional Food Tip:
"If you have a health issue, you want to be using Vitality which is rich in vibra-nutrients to help support optimum physical health. Usually, health issues are accompanied by a certain amount of anxiety or worry. We have included Calm in this recipe to help address the heightened emotional stresses that come along with being sick.
We specifically chose these ingredients for their ability to support 3 essential systems when it comes to healing: the immune system, hydrating the body, and encouraging greater inner emotional strength. In addition to selecting ingredients that specifically help the heart, additional Emotional Benefits are listed below in parentheses after each:
- matcha (forward motion)
- flax or cashew milk (strength of heart)
- maple syrup (help clear emotional blocks)
- coconut cream (inner emotional strength)
If you've been feeling under the weather or would like some extra energy in dealing with a longer term issue, we think you will love this recipe!"
- 2 cups flax or cashew milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons matcha
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- 1 squirt Calm Beverage Booster
- 1 squirt Vitality Beverage Booster
- In a lidded container or bowl, combine milk, chia seeds, matcha, maple syrup, and Beverage Boosters. Shake or stir to thoroughly mix. After 10 minutes, shake/stir again to keep chia seeds from sticking together. Keep in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight (pudding-like consistency).
- Serve chilled with coconut whipped cream and fruit.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk or make your own
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill coconut milk in fridge overnight to separate liquid from cream.
- The next day, chill a mixing bowl in freezer 10 minutes before whipping.
- Remove can from fridge and scoop cream into chilled mixing bowl. Save the liquid for another use, such as in a smoothie.
- Begin whipping the cream on high using a hand or stand mixer for about 20 seconds. Add maple syrup and vanilla extract and beat for another minute or so, until it becomes creamy.
- Top chia pudding with whipped cream and store leftovers in a sealed container in fridge for 1-2 weeks.
Tip: scoop whipped cream into a sandwich bag, seal, then cut a small hole from one of the bottom corner tips. Squeeze gently to pipe on the pudding.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treat. This information is based on research and knowledge by the author, and the ideas are not intended as substitute for medical advice. As with any products it is suggested that you check with your medical practitioner prior to use. The author disclaims any liability arising directly or indirectly from the use of any products mentioned herein.
There are no comments for this post.
Leave a comment