Pomegranate Sunflower Açaí Bowl
Oct 02, 2016
I love starting my morning with a nutrient dense smoothie bowl or açaí bowl. They leave me feeling good about my body and incredibly energized (plus if I eat something unhealthy later in the day I don't feel as bad). The main difference between the two is that the latter is made with açai, a tasty superfood full of antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats. I recommend buying the frozen Sambazon açaí packs, which you can purchase in health food stores or online. These are incredibly versatile. To sweeten, add honey, maple syrup, or pitted dates. Add a few ice cubes or chopped up frozen banana to make it even more like a frozen dessert. Then top with whatever your heart desires!!
I topped this with:
- hemp seeds (healthy fats, high fiber, complete protein)
- unsweetened coconut flakes (some iron, mostly tasty)
- goji berries (high in vitamin C & iron)
- chia seeds (high in omega-3s, fiber, protein)
Ingredients to support Joy:
- 1 frozen açaí pack
- 3/4 cup frozen pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons sunflower butter
- 1-2 squirts Joy Beverage Booster
- Optional: 1 tablespoon wheat germ, ground
- Optional: 1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground
- Run frozen açaí pack under warm water for 10 seconds. Add to high powered blender along with the pomegranate seeds, blueberries, banana, spinach, and cashew milk. Blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowl and add toppings.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treat. This information is based on research and knowledge by the author, and the ideas are not intended as substitute for medical advice. As with any products it is suggested that you check with your medical practitioner prior to use. The author disclaims any liability arising directly or indirectly from the use of any products mentioned herein.