Pepper and Bison Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Nov 22, 2016
- 2 medium size zucchini
- 1 tablespoon organic canola oil
- 1/2 pound ground bison
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2/3 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried ground thyme
- 1-3 squirts preferred Beverage Booster
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Trim ends off zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Using a teaspoon, scoop out center pulp to make room for filling, leave about 1/2 inch flesh in zucchini. Chop pulp.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat put oil, then cook bison, zucchini pulp, onion, peppers, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and Beverage Booster until meat is no longer pink; about 6 to 8 minutes. Mix in crushed tomatoes and cook for an addition 1 to 2 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then add zucchini shells. Spoon filling into shells.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until zucchini are tender. Serve hot.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treat. This information is based on research and knowledge by the author, and the ideas are not intended as substitute for medical advice. As with any products it is suggested that you check with your medical practitioner prior to use. The author disclaims any liability arising directly or indirectly from the use of any products mentioned herein.