Raw Zoodles with Puttanesca Sauce
Raw zoodles. By far one of my favorite ways to eat zucchini! If you do not already have a spiralizer, I highly recommend buying one. It is a quick and easy (also carb and gluten free) way to eat veggies, and it is a great alternative to pasta! I also throw in a yellow squash for variety. Zucchini are low calorie and a great source of fiber, magnesium, folate, vitamin C and vitamin A.
- 2 zucchini, unpeeled and spiralized
- 1 yellow squash, unpeeled and spiralized
- 12 ounces diced tomatoes (preferably jarred or boxed, not canned)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 anchovies, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, avocado oil, or EVOO
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground thyme
- 1-2 squirt preferred Beverage Booster
- Spiralize zucchini and squash, and set aside. Using a large sized skillet (I love cast iron pans), heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add pressed garlic, red bell pepper, anchovies, and rosemary and sauté until the anchovies begin to break down and peppers soften, 3-5 minutes.
- Add black olives, capers, diced tomatoes, thyme, and Beverage Booster. Let simmer for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta sauce over raw zoodles and enjoy!