Raw Zoodles with Puttanesca Sauce
Oct 20, 2016
Raw zoodles. By far one of my favorite ways to eat zucchini! If you do not already have a spiralizer, I highly recommend buying one. It is a quick and easy (also carb and gluten free) way to eat veggies, and it is a great alternative to pasta! I also throw in a yellow squash for variety. Zucchini are low calorie and a great source of fiber, magnesium, folate, vitamin C and vitamin A.
- 2 zucchini, unpeeled and spiralized
- 1 yellow squash, unpeeled and spiralized
- 12 ounces diced tomatoes (preferably jarred or boxed, not canned)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 anchovies, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, avocado oil, or EVOO
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground thyme
- 1-2 squirt preferred Beverage Booster
- Spiralize zucchini and squash, and set aside. Using a large sized skillet (I love cast iron pans), heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add pressed garlic, red bell pepper, anchovies, and rosemary and sauté until the anchovies begin to break down and peppers soften, 3-5 minutes.
- Add black olives, capers, diced tomatoes, thyme, and Beverage Booster. Let simmer for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta sauce over raw zoodles and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treat. This information is based on research and knowledge by the author, and the ideas are not intended as substitute for medical advice. As with any products it is suggested that you check with your medical practitioner prior to use. The author disclaims any liability arising directly or indirectly from the use of any products mentioned herein.