Greek-Style Quinoa Muffins
I have been on a quinoa kick lately—seeing how many ways this seed can be transformed into delicious, wholesome meals and snacks. This protein-packed recipe was inspired by my intense love of Greek salads! Feta, olives, tomatoes...yum. These are a great on-the-go snack, appetizer, side dish. Eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Anytime, anywhere!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 squirts preferred Beverage Booster
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until all water is absorbed; about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin liberally with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together tomatoes, spinach, cheese, olives, garlic, and lemon.
- In a large bowl, mix together beaten eggs and flour, then add cooled quinoa. Pour vegetable mix into quinoa mix and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool in pan for at least 10 minutes before removing from tin.
- Serve warm. Store leftovers in refrigerator.