Orzo and Elk Stuffed Peppers
Feb 10, 2017
Servings: 2 as main dish, 4 as side dish
- 2 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and ribs removed
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 pound ground elk
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup curly leafed kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried ground thyme
- 1-3 squirts preferred Beverage Booster
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Begin bringing a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Place peppers cut side up on baking sheet and drizzle with EVOO and salt. Roast in oven for 20 minutes, or until they become soft and golden around the edges.
- While peppers are roasting, cook orzo pasta for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente. In a skillet over medium-high heat put oil, onion, and garlic, saute for 3 minutes or until onions begin to soften. Add elk, mushrooms, rosemary, basil, thyme, and Beverage Booster and cook until meat is mostly cooked (a faint pink); about 5 minutes. Add kale and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink. Combine with drained orzo pasta. Salt to taste.
- Spoon filling into red pepper halves and serve immediately. You can eat them with a fork and knife, or pick them up!
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treat. This information is based on research and knowledge by the author, and the ideas are not intended as substitute for medical advice. As with any products it is suggested that you check with your medical practitioner prior to use. The author disclaims any liability arising directly or indirectly from the use of any products mentioned herein.
There are no comments for this post.
Leave a comment